Courses Open for Application
Courses Recently Offered
For more information on each of the following courses, download its Flyer/Booklet by clicking on the appropriate image below.
Outstanding Physics Teacher Programme
9 days of top quality face-to-face Physics education lead by UCL Institute of Education
January 2017 - June 2017
Side by Side
Outstanding Maths Teacher Programme
with Deaf Students
Cultivating Great Learners
Leadership of Self
Leadership of Space
BME Leadership Course for New Teachers, middle leaders and internship opportunities.
The aim of this course if to connect, support, raise the profile, retain and accelerate the career progression of Black and global majority educators who are at different stages of their careers, but who are aspirant and actively seeking next step promotion.
Leadership of Self
There are a great many talented educators from trainee teacher to early senior leaders from Black and other Global Majority backgrounds in London Schools. The three leadership preparation programmes that are offered under Leadership of Self: Leadership of Space are targeted at the following groups
- New London Leader – designed for BME teachers entering the profession who show sparks of leadership potential
- Aspiring to Lead – middle leaders - preparation for BME teachers who have been teaching for at least three years and aspire to next stage promotion
- Assistant and Deputy Heads Internship – bespoke top capacity-building programme for assistant heads and deputies: incorporating aspects of the National College’s BME intern programme and a distinctive quality leadership programme run by the Institute of Education. Placements in Teaching School Alliances and social enterprises.
- To deepen levels of self of knowledge and understanding regarding what comprises successful and authentic system leadership
- To inspire thinking about new leadership paradigms such as Leadership of space
- To deepen levels of agency and resilience
- To deepen levels of awareness around individual leadership strengths and areas for development
- To raise levels of confidence around leadership abilities
- To increase levels of core leadership skills
- To extend understanding around culturally competent leadership for the London context
- To explore a range of issues and challenges for aspiring leaders from Black and Global backgrounds
- To facilitate a network of powerful peer support
- To facilitate the implementation of a leadership development plan
- To maximise rates for being shortlisted for interview and appointment over a one-year period with 100% promoted within 12 months of programme completion